Your home should be your sanctuary and should symbolise you as a person. An interior designer may have done the aesthetic and functional layout, but you can make it truly your own by throwing some bespoke pieces of furniture. You can also put a scent diffuser to complete the package.
The bespoke pieces and the scent of your home represent your personality. Let us say that you chose modern furniture. It may mean that you are a practical person.
If chamomile is your go-to fragrance for your scent diffuser, it may mean that you are a peaceful person. Perhaps you love the smell of eucalyptus; people may assume that you are someone with so much energy. Or, if you love jasmine, it may give off an aura of sensuality.
You may not have put so much emphasis on the fragrance of your home. Perhaps, it is time to because it will make your home into your sanctuary. Take this time to learn more about house fragrances.
Choosing the Scents for Each Space
You may be wondering why you make so much fuss about this. After all, you can use one type of fragrance for your entire home. Although there is nothing wrong with this scenario, you should remember that each area of your home has a different function.
The best choice is to go for a subtle fragrance for every room. Doing this will make your guests feel right at home. The scents will not be too overpowering for everyone in your house.
You might be asking which scent to use for a particular room. If you are, there is no need to fret because here are a few ideas for you to consider:
- Living Room: You should go for something fresh, floral or herbal. Doing so will give a calming effect that will not overload your senses. You can use vanilla, jasmine, or geranium in your scent diffuser.
- Bedroom: You may want something calming or spicy for this particular room. The best options are lavender, amber or rose.
- Bathroom: Go for something fruity or refreshing. For this room, you will never go wrong with peach, fig, apricot or citrus. As a tip, you should keep a room spray that has a similar scent on hand to refresh the space.
- Entryway: Choose something relaxing, earthy or woody, like cedarwood, patchouli or leather. Doing this will make your guests feel welcome.
Again, go for the scent that reflects your personality. Doing so will evoke the aura that you want to project in your home.
Consider the Size of the Room
When choosing scents for your home, you also need to consider the size of the room. By doing this, you will ensure that there is enough fragrance to fill the air without being suffocating. Here are a few tips:
- For larger rooms, you may need to place candles or reed diffusers in more than one place to fill the whole room with fragrance.
- For smaller spaces, stick to one candle or scent diffuser. You can even merely spray small rooms to keep it smelling great the entire day.
The overall layout and smell of your house should reflect your personality. These subtle hints will make any space truly yours.
Now that you understand the significance that fragrances play in turning a house into your home, why not purchase your own scent diffuser? There is no better place to get one than Scent Australia Home. We can help you find the right equipment and smell for your little sanctuary. Visit our shop now to get a good sniff of what is in store for you.