Reed diffusers are devices that release a scent into the air without the need for a flame or heat. They typically consist of a bottle or vase containing a scented oil, and a number of reeds or other materials that act as wicks, absorbing the oil and releasing the scent into the surrounding air.
Here are a few tips to make the most out of your diffuser, as well as how to properly care for it.
1) Find the Right Spot to Place ItThe first step is to find a good location for your diffuser. It should be placed out of direct sunlight and away from any heat sources, as this can cause the oil to evaporate too quickly. You'll also want to make sure it's in a spot where you'll be able to enjoy the scent, such as near a bed or sofa.
The ideal place to put your diffuser is lower down, as this will help the fragrance to circulate better. However, avoid putting it near an open window or a fan, as this will cause the fragrance to be used up more quickly.
2) Keep Room Temperature AdequateThe next step is to make sure the room temperature is adequate for your diffuser. If you're using a cold-air diffuser, the room should be between 60 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit. If you're using a warm-air diffuser, the room should be between 75 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
If the room is too cold, the diffuser will not work as well, and if the room is too hot, the diffuser will use up the oil more quickly.
3) Fill the Diffuser with WaterThe next step is to fill the diffuser with water. Depending on the model of diffuser, this will either be done by adding water to a reservoir or by adding water directly to the diffuser.
If you're using a diffuser with a reservoir, make sure to add the water before adding the essential oil. If you're using a diffuser that doesn't have a reservoir, make sure to add the water after adding the essential oil.
4) Use Essential OilsOnce the diffuser is filled with water, it's time to add the essential oil. The amount of oil you'll need to add will depend on the size of the diffuser and the strength of the fragrance you want.
As a general rule, you should add 5 to 10 drops of oil for every 100 millilitres of water.
5) Think of the Room SizeThe size of the room you're diffusing in will also have an impact on the amount of essential oil you add. If you're diffusing in a small room, you can get away with adding less essential oil than you would in a larger room.
This means that if you want a stronger scent in your room, you can add more reeds to your diffuser. This will help the fragrance to travel further and fill more of your room.
ConclusionIf you're looking for a way to make your home smell amazing, diffusers are a great option. You can choose from a wide range of essential oils to create a scent that you love.
Scent Home Australia has everything you need to keep your home smelling fresh and fragrant. With our collection of diffuser oils, you can find something that smells like home. Visit our site to see for yourself.